/* --------- Guestbook ------------*/

The Muse

May 18, 2006

Videos to waste your time

With the proliferation of YouTube and Google Video, I've been watching a lot of videos lately. I just thought it would be neat to link some videos that have caught my attention. Of course, I'm not going to link Koffee with Karan episodes [though I do watch them :)].

World on Fire
Music video by Sarah McLachlan ~ 4:23 mins
A crash course on global inequalities. I would weep if I could.

One.org Ad
Advertisement for one.org ~ 1:00 min
Make poverty history advertisement from Live 8 for one.org.

Rx for Survival
A preview video of the Rx for Survival Series on PBS ~ 7 :01 min
A stunning and powerful series on our medical heroes. More details on the homepage here.

Introducing String Theory
A series of videos on NOVA ~ each video is around 6-7 min
The host is Brian Greene, a physicist from Columbia. You will see interviews with some of the most significant brains of our times along the way [mostly from the US]. String theory is trying to explain how the universe works...pretty straightforward :)

11 Comments:

  • Hey...Kofe with karan...I used to watch it too when I was in India...I liked it for some reason n all my frnds would make fun of me...:) Shall look into all the videos u have linked slowly...Just saw the first one...today!! :)

    By Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP, at 3:31 PM  

  • i love yr profile pic! very abstract..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:41 AM  

  • Ram, did you know about videodownloader.net?... you can actually download your favorite videos from google/youtube/putfile/etc.,

    By Blogger NaiKutti, at 10:59 PM  

  • hey!a new profile pic and I like watching Karan too:)
    he's got that old schoolish silly boy charm.

    By Blogger Scoot, at 2:22 AM  

  • Hi Scribblez, Karan's episodes seem to be fun. I've just started watching them. Puts our actors in a whole new light :)

    Thanks for the heads up about videodownloader.net Karthik, don't think I've come across it earlier. Will check out for sure.

    Anoop and Maya, this pic is one of my favs from digitalblasphemy.com. I think its called haiku. I believe all images there are created digitally, some really awesome stuff there.

    By Blogger Ram, at 7:57 AM  

  • Dude,
    U say videos to waste time in the title, below that say that these are superb. Which one is true, i ll c it 4 myself :)

    By Blogger Ram, at 7:36 AM  

  • Ram - lol, they are awesome videos, but they are not really educational or something. All TP stuff [I mean, seriously, how many people are going to be turned on by String Theory? :)]

    Welcome here, "innoru" Ram!

    By Blogger Ram, at 8:55 AM  

  • Hi,
    Would like 2 tag u.. Pls check out my blog and write the tag if u wish 2 :)

    By Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman, at 11:58 AM  

  • Kofe with karan is a nice prog. But the one similar Kofe with suchi is not tht gud ;) Suchi is no way nearer 2 Karan

    By Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman, at 12:00 PM  

  • Hi Ram,

    Have not been able to download videos at my office. :-( So can`t really comment about the videos. Hope I get to see them soon though.. ( Have been trying for quite some time. )

    It`s been a long time, Ram.. where are you ?

    Have Fun, Take Care and God Bless.

    Regards,
    Srijith.

    By Blogger srijithunni, at 11:05 PM  

  • Hi Ponnarasi, thanks. Sorry, but I've already done that tag :). You can give me another one though...

    Hey Srijith, I'm working in San Diego over the summer. So just been busy with moving here, and trying to find a place to live for 3 months and so on. Will be back on schedule pretty soon. I see you've been thinking deep thoughts lately ;)

    Ram

    By Blogger Ram, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home