/* --------- Guestbook ------------*/

The Muse

March 19, 2006

Ah...Love

I was reading a book the other day and cross referenced into some verses by Emily Dickinson, the poet. That got me reading a whole bunch of stuff on love, fear, death, pain and so on. God, those guys were in deep [more on some favorites later]. So, in the same vein - as an idealist, and someone who is still unattached and free of the encumbrances of practicality - here are my thoughts on what perfect love should be like [I hope to show this to her someday and say something romantic or fall down laughing or maybe show this to a friend and get a sympathetic pat on the back]

I want to respect you first, and love you second. I want to talk with you about everything. I want you to tell me when I go wrong. I want to look forward to seeing you every night. I want to worry when you go out and are late coming back. I want to share your interests and support you in your pursuits. I want you to come home and tell me how your day went. I want to laugh about the silly things that you encountered. I want to help you overcome problems that you face. I want to see your face light up when I say that I love you. I want to feel afraid as to whether I will be able to keep your face lit up like that for the rest of my life. I want to be with you when something happens that makes you shed tears. I want to watch a movie with you and laugh. I want to go through old photo albums and recall those memories with you. I want you to wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me that you love me. I want to talk with a girl in front of you and see you get jealous. I want to see you talk with a guy and feel like kicking his ass. I want to get scolded when I do something stupid and insensitive. I want to have fights with you. I want to make up each of those fights. I want to keep interrupting you when you are doing something and get scolded at for it. I want to be able to surprise you and make your eyes sparkle. I want to feel an ache in my heart when you are not with me. I want to hold hands with you and take a walk in the evening. I want to have breakfast with you every morning before we both go out and face the day. I want us to live a life that will help someone less fortunate than us. I want you to hold my hand all through. I want to be alone, think of you, and smile. I want to wake up next to you, and watch you sleep.

12 Comments:

  • To start with here is a pat on your back :-)...

    surukama sollanum na, oru disorderly ordered life venum nu solringa :-)... good luck is all that i can say :-)

    By Blogger NaiKutti, at 5:47 AM  

  • I would definitely pat on your back for this... but would break out laughing just as i did reading your piece...

    Dei... enna da ore sentiment...

    cool man I wish you all the best to find someone who would suit you in every way...

    By Blogger prosaicblabber, at 1:33 AM  

  • I would definitely pat on your back for this... but would break out laughing just as i did reading your piece...

    Dei... enna da ore sentiment...

    cool man I wish you all the best to find someone who would suit you in every way...

    By Blogger prosaicblabber, at 1:34 AM  

  • Nadathu nadathu :)

    By Blogger Vijay Ramamurthi, at 8:30 AM  

  • Hi Ram:

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. This one is a nice blog. I am surprised to see such a sentimental blog from a guy :). I never thought guys could be sentimental ;)

    By Blogger Sattvic, at 8:58 PM  

  • Karthik - thanks, I'll keep you posted!

    Prosaic dude - Long time!...dude a guy tries to do something along the lines of poetry and romance and you shoot him down (sulk!) (sulk!)

    VJ - Ennatha nadatha?

    Sattvic - Glad you liked it.Don't count us guys out yet.!

    By Blogger Ram, at 9:13 PM  

  • Ram ! u seem a hard core romantic! Life is how u make it buddy. After all beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!

    May all your dreams come true!!!!!!

    Rashmi.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:03 AM  

  • Hey Rashmi, thanks for your wishes. I'll keep you posted!

    Ram

    By Blogger Ram, at 8:38 PM  

  • Loved simply LOVED the post.
    Here's wishing you find your soulmate.
    Amen.

    By Blogger Minal, at 9:30 AM  

  • Beautiful. The simple way you put it across makes it so very charming :) Good job!

    By Blogger Life Lover, at 11:07 PM  

  • Hey really cool...read all urs..felt like leaving a comment here...good work!!! and happy writing :-)

    Cheers,
    P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 AM  

  • Charming to say the least.. I hope your wishes come true..
    Very well expressed..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home