/* --------- Guestbook ------------*/

The Muse

March 28, 2006

Tag Four

Tagger: Raz

Name 10 of life's simple pleasures that you like the most and then pick 10 people to do the same (optional). Try to be original and creative and no to use the things someone else has already used.

Well, I've already talked about family, books and music in previous tags, so I'll try to answer this one a little differently. The following might not all be simple in the literal sense of the word, but they are simple pleasures in a lot of other ways. So, here goes...

10. The feeling I get when I enter a restroom after holding back the need to pee for over twenty minutes.

9. Serendipitously finding songs I can relate to.
[Aside from a few favorites, I don't remember or follow bands, artists or music directors. So its awesome when I suddenly hear a song then go searching for its artists and finally get it.]

8. Discussions on the global economy, business trends and other big-picture issues with knowledgeable people.
[I just go huh...ah....ok....yeah...ah-huh...right....and feel smart :)]

7. Going shopping with someone [ok, anyone] and getting done sooner that I expected.

6. Getting to understand statistics, or just finally understand some convoluted concept.
[Really, not to sound too geeky, but I'm fascinated when my bulb goes on]

5. Seeing a girl walking down the road, and getting a smile and a nod.
[You can get a smile, or a nod, but its damn hard to get both :)]

4. Eating in a pricey hotel or a coffee shop with people I know pretty well.
[Bit snobby I guess, and the food usually sucks or is too little. But I like the ambience in such places]

3. Eating in a roadside dhabha or kaiyendhi bhavan with people I know really well.
[You can only go to such places with people who you are in sync with, and you can be totally messy with how you eat, and the food is awesome!]

2. Go to places where nature is at its most powerful, and be spellbound.
[Yosemite, certain villages, some areas near my hometown and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to name a few places where I have experienced this recently.]

1. The feeling I get when I am about to step out of the arrival lounge at an airport, and have my parents, brothers and family waiting on the other side.
[Yes, this is not a simple pleasure...but for people away from home, it just cannot be valued. Just seeing them lights me up.]

5 Comments:

  • No.10....
    i went to watch Darna marna hai yesterday and the want to pee half hour before the intermission!!!
    Amen

    By Blogger Scoot, at 2:58 AM  

  • me too...seriously when I see my family..I feel like crying,laughing and so much relief at the same time but it gets totally reversed when I have to leave...which I really dread all the time*sob*

    I loooooove roadside fare

    no.5..looks like she really appreciated what she saw..next time look out for flaying arms

    By Blogger Scoot, at 3:01 AM  

  • Yeah Raz, but my brothers are not identical at all. No one can believe they are twins, so no effect I think. Had fun with the tag, cool.

    Maya, I feel so bad when I have to leave. The day before is the worst :(.

    Oh, bless you, I wish I get some nods and smiles. Me feeling lonely...boo hoo. Hope she doesn't flay her arms and whack my head me...whoooosh.

    Ram

    By Blogger Ram, at 9:38 PM  

  • Ram, LOL @ no. 10....but sure it is a gr8 pleasure once u r done with!! Hope u can meet up with ur family soon!
    BTW, wondering y this tag is dated 28 March 2006?

    By Blogger Has to be me, at 2:32 AM  

  • Ha ha thanks hastobeme! Peeing is very underrated!

    Oh, I wanted to just link all tags off the main page so figured I would push them a month back. Will correct them soon.

    Ram

    By Blogger Ram, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home