/* --------- Guestbook ------------*/

The Muse

October 28, 2006

Tag Six

Tagged by Srijith - six weird facts or habits about yourself
(Ok, where do I start? Just six? I need to prioritize then :) )

Stubbornness
I am very open in a lot of ways, but in certain things I have strong opinions. And people have said it is very very hard for me to change my views, and I agree. I do not change opinions unless there is hard enough data or information to back it up.

Books
I love books. I think they build character, provide you with the ultimate escapism and are one of the greatest pleasures in life. However, I do not read a book to pass time or to help me fall asleep. When I get my hands on a book I like, I do not put it down till I finish with it. I have lost count of the number of times I have got into bed with a book and completed the book at the expense of my sleep. Sometimes, when I'm in the middle of exams or when I am doing some other work, I take some time off by reading books...obsessive I guess.

Eating Decorum
I simply cannot sit down and eat without being involved in any other activity. I can't just sit quietly somewhere and enjoy the food, concentrate on its flavor and all that stuff. My family keeps scolding me, and rightly so, as it appears rude to be not paying attention to the food or the great care with which it was prepared and so on.
Frequently, I will be doing one of the following while eating any meal:
a) Reading a book
b) Watching TV
c) Having a serious conversation with someone face-face or over the phone.

Freezing People Out
I have this weird, annoying and sometime cruel habit of freezing people out for obscene amounts of time at a stretch. Its not that I don't like them or something, its just that I don't have the tendency of just dropping in one of those obligatory how are you calls or emails. I form friends easily, but I form close friends very slowly. And if I am close with someone, then I tend to think that they are also like me - you don't need to just call up every two weeks to stay in touch etc. If you need to, you should be able to call friends after being out of touch for months and be able to start talking as if you just called up the day before. This annoys a lot of people no end, but that's how I am...

Eating while traveling
I have this insane craving for food whenever I am traveling. It doesn't matter if I've just eaten before getting on a plane or train or if it is 1:00 AM in the morning. Something about being on the move makes my stomach rumble. My absolute favorite thing is to travel on a comfortable clean train with plenty of food, books and music available. I loved traveling on the train when I was younger (traveled often to Varanasi, Kanpur and New Delhi), and I made sure that I got something to eat at every major station along the way.

Open Face
People can see when I am angry, when I am upset or when I disagree by looking at my face. I am simply unable to hide whatever I feel. If I am meeting someone and I disagree with something they say or talk about, it shows up plain and simple on my face. People who are arrogant, people who exhibit a sense of entitlement etc make me angry. Leads to a lot of awkward situations.

11 Comments:

  • Now I know why you are slow in making close friends!


    Rashmi

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:05 PM  

  • A brutally frank and honest tag. I can post the same thing on my blog with the exception of eating habits.

    When one is put on diet, one realizes how important it is to enjoy and concentrate on the very little amount of tasty food that one is allowed, along with the boiled vegetables and other stuff which if called food will be insulting that nice word :-) Also I am afraid to eat while traveling, not that I travel too much these days. But when I used to travel, my staple food was coffee and cigarettes.

    I too find it to change my views unless I am convinced by facts and I too have the habit of freezing people out. I too make friends very slowly. Same with expressions... very bad at hiding them and I never try hard at hiding them :-)

    By Blogger Alexis, at 10:23 PM  

  • Thats an honest listing. Although I dont do lot of things in it except for the last one. Open face yeah, I do that too. Its hard for me to pretend as if nothing happened. I guess thats a feature of honest people! And yeah books..:)

    By Blogger Pallavi, at 5:02 PM  

  • Hi Ram,

    Thanks for taking up the tag.!
    It think when people are so open and honest about themselves, it is easier to make friends out of them. You are easily understood that way.. A real book lover eh..? great!
    One thing is there. of course.. I relish food a lot.. I might do things while eating but.. I never forget to eat like crazy.. A eminent food lover, that I am.. :) So no matter what dont forget to you know enjoy your food..!

    Have Fun, take care and god bless..!

    With Best Regards,
    Srijith.

    By Blogger srijithunni, at 11:16 PM  

  • "I have this insane craving for food whenever I am traveling."

    Now I understood why you get sick most of the time while you travel.

    By Blogger Brijesh Nair, at 5:11 PM  

  • Ram:

    They are just your good qualities on how you give it and people accept it.

    I accept the last one, train food and food with someone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • Hey Rashmi - yeah, I'm weird aren't I?

    Yes Alex, I found myself kinda surprised at how hard to get along with I must be :)...

    By Blogger Ram, at 5:51 PM  

  • Pallavi, guess we are all honest people huh? (you should see my face right now hehehehe)

    Food and books..aah the pleasures in life...being a vegetarian limits my options of course, but still I do what I can with what I have...

    By Blogger Ram, at 5:53 PM  

  • Hey Brijesh, I don't get sick when I travel...I get sick after eating something in the place where I have travelled to..eg. jeera water, banana bhajji, gigantic rice etc :)

    You're right of course Priya...I guess we should not apologetic, just be introspective once in a while...at the end of the day, we are who we are...

    By Blogger Ram, at 5:55 PM  

  • i come here once in a while and this tag things made me go aw-my-gawd-is-this-you-or-who. could relate so much to most of the things - the obstinacy, blocking ppl (my most loving friends hate me for that!), the books..., i would have believed it if someone said i wrote it about myself.

    barring one thing, of course. teh food habit. i'm not into etiquette and all, but i love and deeply appreciate good food...moreover, i feel not paying attention while eating is an insult to the food and the person who has laboured to produce the meal.

    nice reading...

    By Blogger dharmabum, at 12:58 AM  

  • i never knew that you get jeera water, banana bhajji, gigantic rice etc in Yesomite and in Las vegas

    By Blogger Brijesh Nair, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home